Makes 16 Brownies
This easy recipe creates scrumptious brownies with a super fudgy center - without losing that crispy, crackly top! The addition of Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil makes these treats a no-fail crowd pleaser!
1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon Blood Orange EV Olive Oil*
1 1/8 cup superfine sugar (caster sugar)
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract*
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt*
*Available at The Pantry
1. Preheat oven to 175°C | 350°F.
2. Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking oil spray. Line with parchment paper (or baking paper); set aside.
3. Combine Blood Orange EVOO and sugar together in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk well for about a minute. Add the eggs and vanilla; beat until lighter in color (another minute).
4. Sift in flour, cocoa powder and salt. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until JUST combined (do NOT over beat as doing so will affect the texture of your brownies).
5. Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing the top out evenly. (Optional: Top with chocolate chunks or chocolate chips.)
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the center of the brownies in the pan no longer jiggles and is just set to the touch (the brownies will keep baking in the hot pan out of the oven). If testing with a toothpick, the toothpick should come out dirty for fudge-textured brownies.
7. Remove and allow to cool to room temperature before slicing into 16 brownies.
Crushed walnuts, peanuts, almonds, pecans, etc.
Chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, chocolate chunks, dried fruit (cranberries, raisins, etc)