Blood Orange French Toast
This crowd-pleasing recipe features our Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil. This fruity and flavorful oil wins the award for versatility! Use it for everything from baking cakes and brownies to drizzling over fish, chicken, or rice.
1 cup half and half
4-5 tbsp Blood Orange EV Olive Oil, divided*
2 tbsp Vanilla Bean Sugar*
1/4 tsp Sea Salt*
1/2 Italian Baguette, sliced into 8 - 10 1/2 inch thick pieces
Berries or fresh fruit for garnish
*Available at The Pantry
1. In a wide, shallow dish, whisk together the half and half, 1 tbsp Blood Orange Olive Oil, eggs, sugar, and salt.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat with the remaining Blood Orange Olive Oil.
3. Dip each bread slice into the egg mixture, allowing to soak for 15 seconds per side.
4. In batches to avoid overcrowding the pan, place each slice of soaked bread into the hot pan, cooking until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Keep warm in the oven or tented with foil while you finish cooking the others.
5. Arrange on a plate or platter, dust with powdered sugar or a sprinkle of Sugar & Spice Dipper, and serve with fruit.
Pro tip: For a super gourmet touch, try drizzled with balsamic glaze!